Tuesday, June 19, 2012

April Song


"April Song",  finished June 2012.  11" by 14".   Ready to hang or display on a stand.  This little quilt was sold soon after it was finished and is now on display in a private collection.














This was started in April 2012 as a result of a class I took; "Mystery Bag".  I got a bag full of about 15 different prints and the assignment was to make anything using as many of the prints as possible.  They were fabrics I would never have picked.  The prints reminded me of spring so I chose a design, sketched it, found the "pop" fabric (orange) and started putting it together.  I was pleased with the result and happy with how the class pushed me outside my box.

2 comments:

  1. Amy has Spring Song sitting on the mantle in the living room of her new house. She fell in love with it so it now lives with her. Congratulations Amy on the new new baby and the new house.

    ReplyDelete